Things I've Done While Drunk

Photo by Bhavyesh Acharya on Unsplash



Things I've Done While Drunk

1. A home yoga class with a large bottle of gin next to me.

2. Arrived to a breakfast meeting with a VIP an hour early so that I could juice up and settle down before sitting with her. I made sure to tote a bottle of tincture into the meeting and note that it helped me with menstrual cramps. This was merely a cover in case she noticed any alcohol on my breath.

3. Danced in a way that left people telling the story for years.

4*. Vomitted voluminously in my own bed then continued to sleep in it because I was passed out.

5.  Had a fit of anger and pounded on my computer until it was mostly nonfunctional.

6*. Forgotten to drink anything but alcohol for so long that I required intraveneous fluids.

7*. Neglected to eat for so long that I was left with nutritional deficiencies that caused physical impairments like numbness and tingling, trouble with muscle coordination, diminished eyesight.

8*. Rode my bike. This is how I got to the liquor store.

9. Operated kitchen equipment in a way that left me with deep and bleeding cuts.

10. Pretended that I was sick to disguise being drunk or in withdrawal.

11. Fallen asleep in the daytime in the presence of others.

12. Left an irate message to an acquaintance in a public space that was so embarassing that I've avoided parties by our mutual friend ever since so I've no chance of running into them.

13*. Not been able to given an audible no when a person asked "permission to kiss" me while I was incapacitated on the floor. They would have done more if they could have figured out how to remove my jeans.

14*.  I suppose I must leave this last one blank because there is so much I cannot remember.

*Things that also could have killed me.


Things I've NEVER Done While Drunk

1. Drive

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One of Sobriety

Just Like Mommy

My Last Dance